IT Service Desk Analyst
Location: Michigan, USA
Passion4Tech + Creativity + Fun =
Systems X Team Member
ABOUT YOUR ROLE WITH US
As an IT Service Desk Analyst, you will primarily support our awesome customers in the ongoing maintenance and support of their network and desktop environment. You will be providing Level I service desk assistance, remote monitoring, and problem resolution, and data entry. This position requires that you provide first-level support to clients in a professional, cheerful manner to ensure a clear understanding of the issue and next steps for resolution.
REASONS YOU SHOULD JOIN US
Your contributions will have a direct impact on our customers. Many of them are among the best in their industry and your involvement will provide you with tremendous insight and knowledge on how we help them leverage their technology to fulfill today’s digital transformation initiatives.
CHALLENGED AND NEVER BORED
Systems X is not limited to one industry or geographic location. We have separate lines of business that support all company sizes, from SMB to Fortune 500 in industrial, health care, services, and financial sectors around the world. You will have the opportunity to experience different company cultures, processes, and emerging technologies. You will get to meet and work with very talented people that share your purpose and have fun doing it.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR SUCCESS
As one of our team members, you will never be alone in tackling challenging activities. We are ONE and as such we help each other on a continuous basis to ensure everyone succeeds so that we continue to earn our customer’s trust and provide them with unmatched value. You will be a respected team member and encouraged to think and contribute with an entrepreneurial mindset. Don't worry, we will certainly help you every step of the way. Everyone here is committed to serving each other!
THE SYSTEMS X FAMILY
Our culture is centered around inclusion, respect, and service to each other. Together, we have built our business to provide a sustainable work environment that provides an adequate life balance each of our team members deserves. There is genuine care here where lasting friendships are conceived. Laughs and great conversations are encouraged. Everyone works hard and that commitment is rewarded by the customer and peer respect. Our open-door policy keeps us true to our values and we proceed with all we do transparently so we benefit from everyone’s input. We are ONE.
OH YES, THE BENEFITS!
We enjoy a flexible working environment in a relaxed setting. Yes, we party to celebrate accomplishments and we have lots of surprise lunches. Unlimited Coffee and snacks are available so you can chill and engage your peers in conversation. Your pay is competitive and your healthcare benefits will ensure you can rest easy in the event you need care for yourself or your family. Enjoy well deserved paid vacation and ramp up on those days quickly too! No more waiting years and years for a measly extra day! Rollover your 401K or let’s get you started on one so you can one day sit back at the beach and be an angel investor.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As an IT Service Desk Analyst, you will take part in several activities that promote the optimum operation of our customer's IT environment.
- Perform remote Level I client end-user support for hardware and software.
- Logs service requests as open tickets, maintaining status, and providing follow-up to client end-users and to the internal Managed IT Services team.
- Monitor system alerts and notifications, and update service tickets to ensure adherence to Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Develop documentation for the client user community, such as FAQ, guidelines, and IT standards.
- Identify and escalate client support situations requiring urgent attention.
- Keep clients informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Forwards feedback or suggestions by clients to the appropriate internal team member/s.
- Proactively identifies and suggests possible improvements on procedures.
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft core business applications and operating systems.
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Researches questions using available information resources.
- Computer Troubleshooting to include: Malware/Virus Removal, reports of Slow PC.
- Manage, support, and troubleshoot issues with client servers, email, and web services.
- Desktop/Laptop/Workstation Imaging and Deployment.
This may also include:
- Desktop/Laptop/Workstation Imaging and Deployment.
- Provide remote support, software loading, and troubleshooting for handheld and tablets.
- Assist and mentor new team members as needed.
- Comfortable with creating video content as needed.
TECHNOLOGIES YOU WILL USE HERE
- Remote Management Tools.
- Service Desk Portal.
- Call Center PBX.
- Cloud-based Project Management and Collaboration tools.
- Office 365.
- Google Cloud Suite.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT COME IN HANDY
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent technical experience.
- Familiarity with manufacturing environments.
- Professional interpersonal and customer-facing skills.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and to meet deadlines.
- Interpersonal skills: such as communication skills, active listening, and customer care.
- Solid problem solving, organizational and analytical abilities.
- Team player with the ability to build strong peer and interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to work independently and as part of an integrated, collaborative, and global team.
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency.
- The propensity for learning.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO HAVE
- One (1) to Two (2) years of experience working as an IT Service Desk/Help Desk resource.
- Technical awareness: the ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- This position requires a high level of interaction with clients. You must be a patient listener as well as an effective communicator.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Basic understanding of networking principles: Client-Server networking TCP/IP Routing DNS DHCP.
- Basic knowledge of wireless security and wireless client configuration.
- Entry-level knowledge of Active Directory.
- Ability to perform basic user account administration.
- Basic understanding of network firewall/security technology.
- Malware and Spyware removal experience.
- Troubleshooting fundamentals.
- Excellent organization and documentation skills.
- You must be comfortable communicating via video conferences.
- US Drivers License.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Two (2) plus years of experience working as an IT support resource.
- A preference for individuals that have already worked in an IT Managed Service Provider environment.
- Fluency in other languages such as Spanish is a plus.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW
- Your Reporting Location is Chesterfield, Michigan.
- You will contribute during a 40 Hour Work Week.
- We offer a flexible working environment and all positions are remote-office capable.
- We offer a strong platform for growth that enables professional and salary advancement.
- There are many opportunities for professional development paths within Systems-X such as project management, cybersecurity, software development, and much more!
HIRING PROCESS TIMELINE
- We’ll be accepting applications for this position through the end of the year.
- Due to COVID-19 Precaution(s), all interviews will be conducted via video conferencing.
- You will be contacted via e-mail if you are considered for the position and your interview will be scheduled within one week from our notice.