Location: Michigan, USA
Passion4Tech + Creativity + Fun =
Systems X Team Member
ABOUT YOUR ROLE WITH US
As a .Net Developer, you will primarily be working on internal projects to automate our service delivery activities with our customers. You will work closely with our delivery teams to enhance the value of our service delivery by establishing an integrated hub that combines our best practices for all of our lines of business. The primary project has an IoT and AI component. You will have the support to learn and contribute to our overall strategy and work with peers abroad on the project. We build cloud solutions for clients so there will be no shortage of very cool projects to work on.
REASONS YOU SHOULD JOIN US
Your contributions will have a direct impact on our customers. Many of them are among the best in their industry and your involvement will provide you with tremendous insight and knowledge on how we help them leverage their technology to fulfill today’s digital transformation initiatives.
CHALLENGED AND NEVER BORED
Systems X is not limited to one industry or geographic location. We have separate lines of business that support all company sizes, from SMB to Fortune 500 in industrial, health care, services, and financial sectors around the world. You will have the opportunity to experience different company cultures, processes, and emerging technologies. You will get to meet and work with very talented people that share your purpose and have fun doing it.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR SUCCESS
As one of our team members, you will never be alone in tackling challenging activities. We are ONE and as such we help each other on a continuous basis to ensure everyone succeeds so that we continue to earn our customer’s trust and provide them with unmatched value. You will be a respected team member and encouraged to think and contribute with an entrepreneurial mindset. Don't worry, we will certainly help you every step of the way. Everyone here is committed to serving each other!
THE SYSTEMS X FAMILY
Our culture is centered around inclusion, respect, and service to each other. Together, we have built our business to provide a sustainable work environment that provides an adequate life balance each of our team members deserves. There is genuine care here where lasting friendships are conceived. Laughs and great conversations are encouraged. Everyone works hard and that commitment is rewarded by the customer and peer respect. Our open-door policy keeps us true to our values and we proceed with all we do transparently so we benefit from everyone’s input. We are ONE.
OH YES, THE BENEFITS!
We enjoy a flexible working environment in a relaxed setting. Yes, we party to celebrate accomplishments and we have lots of surprise lunches. Unlimited Coffee and snacks are available so you can chill and engage your peers in conversation. Your pay is competitive and your healthcare benefits will ensure you can rest easy in the event you need care for yourself or your family. Enjoy well deserved paid vacation and ramp up on those days quickly too! No more waiting years and years for a measly extra day! Rollover your 401K or let’s get you started on one so you can one day sit back at the beach and be an angel investor.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As a .Net Developer, you will take part in the development lifecycle of internal and customer-facing cloud applications.
- Develop a project through its entire lifecycle.
- Understand user requirements and how they translate into application features.
- Write high-quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines.
- Build the application, test it, document it, and deploy it at scale. (Ability to test the application, before delivery of the product.)
- Design and develop high-quality, scalable, robust, and reusable code and components.
- Deliver solutions that perform seamlessly across different web browsers and mobile platforms.
- Lead technical solutions and integration efforts with 3rd party IT services such as IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
- Understand AI application architectures.
- Provide guidance for integrating existing systems with AI services.
- Research and provide technical solutions to problems.
- Create and execute software test case plans.
- Build and maintain state-of-the-art web applications using a variety of languages and tools.
This may also include:
- Design creative prototypes according to specifications.
- UI/UX Design.
- Assist and mentor new team members as needed.
- Comfortable with creating video content as needed.
TECHNOLOGIES YOU WILL USE HERE
- Amazon Web Services.
- Google Cloud Suite.
- Microsoft Azure.
- Cloud-based Project Management and Collaboration tools.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT COME IN HANDY
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent technical experience.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and to meet deadlines.
- Web application development.
- Experience working with Microsoft server environments.
- Experience with container orchestration systems, especially Kubernetes a plus.
- Should have the knowledge and medium-level expertise on application front-end.
- RESTful APIs and server-side APIs integration
- Three.js / React.js / Websockets / Node
- NoSQL and Data Modeling a plus
- Experience developing for scalability, fault-tolerant, and testability.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the software.
- Able to work autonomously and in a dynamic team environment.
- Ability to research and learn new technologies.
- Excellent communication, customer service, and organizational skills.
IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO HAVE
- 3+ years of Software Dev experience in .Net (ASP.net / C# / VB).
- Strong database fundamentals with 3+ years of industry development experience using SQL databases.
- Experience with building Azure Web Apps, Rest APIs, and Azure functions.
- GIT Code versioning Management.
- US Drivers License.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- A preference for individuals that have already worked in a software development environment.
- API design and development experience.
- Node.js, React & Docker experience.
- Fluency in other languages such as Spanish is a plus.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW
- Your Reporting Location is Chesterfield, Michigan.
- You will contribute during a 40 Hour Work Week.
- We offer a flexible working environment and all positions are remote-office capable.
- We offer a strong platform for growth that enables professional and salary advancement.
- There are many opportunities for professional development paths within Systems-X such as advanced consulting, project management, shop floor integration, advanced software development, and much more!
HIRING PROCESS TIMELINE
- We’ll be accepting applications for this position through the end of the year.
- Due to COVID-19 Precaution(s), all interviews will be conducted via video conferencing.
- You will be contacted via e-mail if you are considered for the position and your interview will be scheduled within one week from our notice.