Location: Michigan, USA
Passion4Tech + Creativity + Fun =
Systems X Team Member
ABOUT YOUR ROLE WITH US
As a Cybersecurity Associate, you will primarily support our awesome customers in the ongoing surveillance and security of their network and desktop environment. You will also provide threat containment assistance, remote monitoring, and vulnerability resolution, data entry and perform scheduled logging activities. This position requires that you provide first-level support to clients in a professional, cheerful manner to ensure a clear understanding of the issue and next steps for resolution.
REASONS YOU SHOULD JOIN US
Your contributions will have a direct impact on our customers. Many of them are among the best in their industry and your involvement will provide you with tremendous insight and knowledge on how we help them leverage their technology to fulfill today’s digital transformation initiatives.
CHALLENGED AND NEVER BORED
Systems X is not limited to one industry or geographic location. We have separate lines of business that support all company sizes, from SMB to Fortune 500 in industrial, health care, services, and financial sectors around the world. You will have the opportunity to experience different company cultures, processes, and emerging technologies. You will get to meet and work with very talented people that share your purpose and have fun doing it.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR SUCCESS
As one of our team members, you will never be alone in tackling challenging activities. We are ONE and as such we help each other on a continuous basis to ensure everyone succeeds so that we continue to earn our customer’s trust and provide them with unmatched value. You will be a respected team member and encouraged to think and contribute with an entrepreneurial mindset. Don't worry, we will certainly help you every step of the way. Everyone here is committed to serving each other!
THE SYSTEMS X FAMILY
Our culture is centered around inclusion, respect, and service to each other. Together, we have built our business to provide a sustainable work environment that provides an adequate life balance each of our team members deserves. There is genuine care here where lasting friendships are conceived. Laughs and great conversations are encouraged. Everyone works hard and that commitment is rewarded by the customer and peer respect. Our open-door policy keeps us true to our values and we proceed with all we do transparently so we benefit from everyone’s input. We are ONE.
OH YES, THE BENEFITS!
We enjoy a flexible working environment in a relaxed setting. Yes, we party to celebrate accomplishments and we have lots of surprise lunches. Unlimited Coffee and snacks are available so you can chill and engage your peers in conversation. Your pay is competitive and your healthcare benefits will ensure you can rest easy in the event you need care for yourself or your family. Enjoy well deserved paid vacation and ramp up on those days quickly too! No more waiting years and years for a measly extra day! Rollover your 401K or let’s get you started on one so you can one day sit back at the beach and be an angel investor.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As a Cybersecurity Associate, you will take part in several activities that promote the optimum operation of our customer's IT environment.
- Conduct security assessments regularly to identify vulnerabilities and performing risk analysis based on common procedures.
- Conduct passive evaluations (compliance audits) and active evaluations (penetration tests and/or vulnerability assessments).
- Monitor security alerts and notifications, and report suspicious activity to clients, and managed IT service team members.
- Monitor application and server logs for potential cybersecurity-related activity.
- Document incidents to contribute to incident response and disaster recovery plans.
- Create, update and maintain guides, policies, and training materials for cybersecurity-related processes and changes.
- Advise and implement necessary changes required to counter the attack or improvise security standards as instructed.
- Collaborate with client and managed IT service team to remediate any potential hardware or network issues that prevent detection capability.
- Manage access to client-sensitive information systems, coordinating with internal teams to scope necessary access levels.
- Audit data access, appropriate use of software, and cybersecurity training compliance.
- Support incident lessons learned meetings to give input on recommendations to prevent/mitigate future incidents.
- Keep up with new developments in the cybersecurity software/hardware threats, emerging technology trends, and security risks associated with those technologies.
This may also include:
- Provide subject matter expertise in various Cybersecurity areas, including the risk management framework (RMF) to managed IT service team.
- Assist and mentor new team members as needed.
- Comfortable with creating video content as needed.
TECHNOLOGIES YOU WILL USE HERE
- Remote Management Tools.
- Firewall & Intrusion Detection software.
- Service Desk Portal.
- Cloud-based Project Management and Collaboration tools.
- Office 365.
- Google Cloud Suite.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT COME IN HANDY
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or equivalent technical experience.
- Knowledge of DoD or Federal Government, cybersecurity, and security frameworks.
- Professional interpersonal and customer-facing skills.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and to meet deadlines.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening, and customer care.
- Solid problem solving, organizational and analytical abilities.
- Team player with the ability to build strong peer and interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to work independently and as part of an integrated, collaborative, and global team.
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency.
- The propensity for learning.
- Ability to travel to customer locations as needed up to 20% of the time.
- Diagnosis skills of cyber threats and network vulnerability issues.
IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO HAVE
- One (1) to Two (2) years of experience working as an IT support resource or a related IT security and compliance role.
- Familiarity with various types of security assessments.
- Cyberthreat awareness: the ability to match resources to cybersecurity issues appropriately.
- This position requires a high level of interaction with clients. You must be a patient listener as well as an effective communicator.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- IP networking fundamentals.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Active Directory.
- Understanding of network firewall/security technology.
- Malware and Spyware removal experience.
- Troubleshooting fundamentals.
- Excellent organization and documentation skills.
- Must be comfortable with video conferences.
- US Drivers License.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Three (3) plus years of experience working as an IT support resource or a related IT security and compliance role.
- Security + Certification
- Knowledge of current cybersecurity software tools used for endpoint protection, vulnerability scanning, SIEM, and cloud security.
- A preference for individuals that have already worked in an IT Managed Service Provider environment.
- Fluency in other languages such as Spanish is a plus.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW
- Your Reporting Location is Chesterfield, Michigan.
- You will contribute during a 40 Hour Work Week.
- We offer a flexible working environment and all positions are remote-office capable.
- We offer a strong platform for growth that enables professional and salary advancement.
- There are many opportunities for professional development paths within Systems-X such as advanced consulting, project management, shop floor integration, advanced software development, and much more!
HIRING PROCESS TIMELINE
- We’ll be accepting applications for this position through the end of the year.
- Due to COVID-19 Precaution(s), all interviews will be conducted via video conferencing.
- You will be contacted via e-mail if you are considered for the position and your interview will be scheduled within one week from our notice.